When patching Lync & Skype for Business, beekeeper has a validation pack that contains PowerShell scripts to remove a system from service. Once its out of service, patching can take place.
These pre-patching PowerShell validation tasks include:
- Verifying a server can be removed from service using the Get-CSPoolUpdateReadiness cmdlet
- Testing whether there are any active calls
- Stopping the Lync/Skype services
Now beekeeper can use the SCCM client to install the software updates and reboot the server.
Once it returns from the reboot, post-patching PowerShell validation tasks include:
- Verifying Lync/Skype services are running
- Test an outgoing call
If the environment includes Database Mirroring for the Lync/Skype database, there are additional validations for those servers:
- Failover DB to Mirror for patching
- Failing back to Primary after patching
- Verifying Database Synchronization
With this validation pack, beekeeper is your solution for patching the Lync/Skype pools.
Get a trial copy of beekeeper today!!!