Job Description: The Client Engineering team provides infrastructure and engineering support for the enterprise desktop management policies and practices; centralized software packaging services and alternative computing technologies with VDI, Thin Clients and Citrix.
This Senior Application Packager position is responsible for software packaging of applications including preparation tasks for enterprise software deployment. Knowledge of HP Client Automation (Radia), WISE Package Studio, MSI design, VB script and Winbatch required. Understanding new technologies including application virtualization and software packaging requirements for Windows Vista/7 operating systems preferred. Client Engineering develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
• Repackage software applications for automated delivery using ESD tool sets.
• Provide desktop management automation through scripting to provide consistent and predictable services.
• Experience with scripting tools must include shell scripting, Winbatch, VBScript, REXX and PowerShell. WISE Package Studio, MSI design required. Knowledge of HP Client Automation (Radia) preferred.
• Understand technical/business requirements gathered from the business units.
• Analyze, design, and document platforms/systems to meet enterprise requirements.
• Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating systems and other systems software.
• Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies for enterprise use to consistently drive down total cost of ownership.
• Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
• Perform technical reviews