When more than 80% of a room filled with more than 500 people raise their hands that they are using Operations Manager – that is where I want to be! Thank you to everyone who attended the session and/or watched it via Channel9 after the session was available! This blog post is to provide details on where on where to get the various resources from the presentation. Topics include:
- Where can I get the presentation or see the video?
- Where are the PowerShell scripts?
- Where is the sample dashboard?
- What was the Pre-Show Presentation?
- How was it on-site during the presentation?
- What was it like at TechEd: The Experience?
Where can I get the presentation or see the video?
Presentation: To download the PowerPoint version of the presentation you need to have credentials at the TechEd site which is available at http://tena2014.eventpoint.com/ScheduleBuilder. The PDF version of the presentation is available at: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/download/opsmgr-evolution-session-teched-2014/
Pre-Show Presentation: The PDF version of the pre-show presentation is available at: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/download/opsmgr-evolution-pre-show-teched-2014/
Video: The video for the presentation is available at: http://channel9.msdn.com/events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2014/DCIM-B420#fbid=
Where are the PowerShell scripts?
The PowerShell scripts which were demonstrated during this session are available via Matt’s blog at:
- Reset a monitor based on name via PowerShell: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/mdowst/archive/2014/05/15/scom-monitor-reset-script.aspx
Remove obsolete dependencies from Operations Manager and Service Manager Management packs! http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/mdowst/archive/2014/05/15/scom-amp-scsm-management-pack-cleanup.aspx
Where is the sample dashboard?
The sample dashboard which was demonstrated during this session will be available soon from Brian Wren. I expect the sample dashboard to be discussed and linked at: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mpauthor/. A screenshot of the dashboard is below:
UPDATE: The dashboard is now available for download at: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SCOM-Script-Widgets-Sample-ef74b7e6
What was the Pre-Show Presentation?
There was just too much good stuff which I wanted to include in the OpsMgr Evolution session. As a result, I created an introduction PowerPoint presentation which ran for the 22 minutes prior to the start of the presentation which is available for download at: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/download/opsmgr-evolution-pre-show-teched-2014/. The trivial pursuit items and a few good tricks from the presentation are below:
The soundtrack which I used to launch this session (not recorded of course, and huge shout-out to the bands listed below for their excellent and inspiring music) included the following:
- Jeremy Camp – Reckless. Album: Reckless. Video: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=09MFCCNU
- Fireflight – Stronger than you think. Album: Now. Video: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WLZ7YGNX
- Mandisa – Overcomer. Album: Overcomer. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg
- Cord of 3 – The Edge. Details: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cordof35
- Disciple – Outlaw. Album: God Save Us All. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KVWMOQti7E
- Manafest – No Plan B. Album: The Chase. Video: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=9EJFBCNU
How was it on-site during the presentation?
For those who weren’t able to attend here’s the room that we were presenting in (which seated approximately 1200-1300 people):
Thanks to Natalya who got a good picture both during the presentation and when we were wrapping up after the presentation!
What was it like at TechEd: The Experience? (Yes, this is a geek reference to Star Trek: The Experience)
One of the best things about going to TechEd was getting to hang out with friends and colleagues! Below are some of my favorite photos from the event including pictures taken with the Viacode crew and Natalya.
TechEd 2014 was an incredible experience, thank you to everyone who was involved in this tremendous event!