At System Center Universe 2015, I had a very interesting conversation about the SQL PaaS deployment automation options available for Microsoft Azure when you want to rid yourself of VM management. As it so happens, we had a few installments in the 100 Days of DevOps series on SQL-as-a-Service in Microsoft Azure, as well as an interesting option for Chef users.
This set of 4 articles covers provisioning of SQL Server instances in Azure PaaS, followed by database provisioning, database population and finally removal.
- Day 61 – Provisioning an Azure SQL Server Instance via PowerShell (Oct 24)
- Day 66 – Provisioning an Azure SQL Database Instance via PowerShell (Oct 31)
- Day 70 – Creating and Populating Tables in Azure SQL with PowerShell (Nov 6)
- Day 71 – Azure SQL Lifecycle Management (DB and Server Deprovisioning) (Nov 7)
For Chef users, the 4-part series-within-the-series covering on-premises deployment automation using PowerShell and Chef:
- Day 82: Deploying SQL Server 2012 using Chef – Part 1 (Nov 24)
- Day 87: Deploying SQL Server 2012 using Chef – Part 2 (Dec 1)
- Day 92: Deploying SQL Server 2012 using Chef – Part 3 (Dec 8)
- Day 97: Deploying SQL Server 2012 using Chef – Part 4 (Dec 16)
Catch up on the entire series at http://systemcentercentral.com/100DaysOfDevOps