Using Report Builder with Operations Manager 2007 SP1 has not been as widespread as it might have been otherwise because there are no report models included with this version of SCOM. Do you want an answer to this issue? Simply look on the OpsMgr 2007 R2 media
On the R2 product media in the “Report Models” folder, you will find two report models that can be used with the OpsMgr 2007 SP1 release as well! Look in the Report Models –> Other and you’ll the following:
The bottom line – if there are no schema changes in the DW (or you take care to use Views in your reporting components), it’s definitely possible
To Install These Models in SQL Reporting Services for use with SCOM 2007 SP1
With these models, you will need to upload the model and then update the datasource it is pointed to so it will function.
- Browse to the http://<servername>/reports URL on your SCOM 2007 SP1 Reporting Server.
- Click the View Details button, and then the Upload File link.
- Click the Browse button, and then browse to the folder containing the files. Pick either one and click Open, and then OK.
- On the Home page of the Report Manager page, click the Edit button
- Click the Data Sources link, followed by the Browse button to update the data source.
- Browse to “Data Warehouse Main” following by OK and then Apply.
To Use the Models
In the Operations Console, you can access these models from the Reporting space by clicking the “Design a Report” link to launch Report Builder.
If I’m able to design some compelling reports with the models, I’ll post them here.