by Tao Yang, the OpsMgr Self Maintenance Management Pack automates some routine tasks generally performed by OpsMgr administrators on a regular basis. It also provides few rules / monitors to monitor the OpsMgr management group itself. This management pack contains 2 version.
- The OpsMgr 2007 R2 version works on both 2007 R2 and 2012 versions of OpsMgr.
- The OpsMgr 2012 version only works on OpsMgr 2012.
The 2012 version of this management pack is able to utilize OpsMgr 2012 resource pools and also provides additional rules and monitors than the 2007 version. For OpsMgr 2012 environments, it’s strongly recommended to use the 2012 version of this management pack.
The following workflows are included in this management pack:
- Automatically balance OpsMgr agents among a group of management servers.
- Automatically close aged rule-generated alerts
- Convert all manually installed OpsMgr agents to Remote-Manageable.
- Enable Agent-Proxy for all agents
- Backup Unsealed (and Sealed) management packs.
- Remove Disabled discovery objects
- Detect staled stage change events
- Monitoring the size of LocalizedText able from the OpsMgr operational database.
- Detects OpsMgr management servers in maintenance mode (Only available in OpsMgr 2012 version of the MP)
- Performance Collection rule for total number of SDK connection within the management group (among all management servers). (Only available in OpsMgr 2012 version of the MP).
- Agent tasks for:
- Manually backup management packs
- Get currently connected users to the SDK service
- Enable Agent Proxy for all agents.
Click the download link to download from the authors website.