I’ve got some news. HP Storage integrations for Microsoft System Center: SCOM and SCVMM plugins are now part of the unified HP OneView for Microsoft System Center. As result of this integration, customer has to download only one master package of HP OneView for System Center 7.6.
Here are some more details on this:
HP OneView for Microsoft System Center provides comprehensive system health and alerting, driver and firmware updates, OS deployment, detailed inventory, and HP fabric visualization.
The HP Storage Management Pack for System Center and the HP Storage UI Add-in for System Center have now been included with HP OneView for Microsoft System Center (OV4SC) to provide our customers with a unified manageability experience via a single repository of Microsoft System Center related products. All HP Storage related capabilities provided by the plug-ins continue to exist with newer additions planned for the future to enhance the manageability of HP Storage in Microsoft System Center environments.
OV4SC version 7.6 includes the following new features:
- New feature for HP OneView SCOM Integration Kit
o HP OneView Storage System Management Pack enables management of HP Storage systems managed by HP OneView
o This Management Pack supports storage alert processing, group diagram, and state monitoring
- HP Storage SCOM Integration Kit v4.2 (HP Storage Management Pack for Microsoft System Center) and HP Storage SCVMM 2012 Integration Kit v2.2 (HP Storage UI Add-in for Microsoft System Center) are now included with the HP OneView for Microsoft System Center zip file download
- Support for drivers and firmware updates from SPP 2015.06.0 in the HP ProLiant Updates Catalog
- Support for HP OneView 1.20.05 or later (Hyper-V and VMware appliances)
- Support for the new SCCM service pack releases from the Microsoft – SCCM 2012 SP2 and SCCM 2012 R2 SP1
- Fixes in the HP Agentless Management pack reporting incorrect OS information when Agentless client is running VMware ESXi 6.0, Windows 7, or SLES 12 OS
- Fixed PowerShell exceptions when running ‘hpproliantsccmkit-install.ps1’ installer script from the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit.
- Note that you must install System Center Configuration Manager Cmdlet Library at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46681 on the applicable SCCM console systems before installing the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit. Refer the support matrix section in the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit User Guide for more details
- HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit does not support SCCM 2012 SP1.
- Added HP ProLiant DL560 Gen9, DL580 Gen9 and BL660c Gen9 servers support to the HP ProLiant SCCM 2012 Integration Kit and HP ProLiant SCVMM 2012 Integration Kit
- Added HP ProLiant BL660c Gen9 server support to the HP SCVMM 2012 Console Integration Kit
For more details please refer to the following pages:
Sample screenshots: Master Installer
Sample screenshots: Unified Group Diagram view
Seems pretty good changes to me. What do you think?