I hear this question fairly often from customers.
What if I told you that a month from now, you could add a relevant, important skill to your resume in a month of Friday afternoons? System Center Orchestrator 2012 – what’s changing? and you’ll see that the core of Opalis survives in Orchestrator. In short, if you know Opalis, you know Orchestrator 2012.
Here are the free resources that will help you wrap your head around the core concepts and get your hands on advanced runbook authoring with less than 3 days of your time.
Learn the core concepts of Opalis / Orchestrator in less than 2 hours
Start with this series of articles designed to get you up to speed on Opalis concepts in a few minutes time:
Opalis Runbook Automation Fundamentals (Part 1)
Opalis Runbook Automation Fundamentals (Part 2)
Opalis Runbook Automation Fundamentals (Part 3)
How the power of Orchestrator delivers the magic of the Cloud
Take Opalis training online for free
Follow it up with some hands on experience. Can’t attend the Opalis Integration Server training course in person? Try the TechNet virtual labs which includes several hours of runbook authoring from the basics to advanced and System Center integrated runbooks straight from the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course!
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Building Advanced Policies
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Building Error Handling into Policies
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Controlling Policy Execution with Advanced Functions
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Creating Basic Policies with Foundation Objects
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Creating Your Own Integration Pack with the QIK
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Opalis: Incorporating Advanced Logic into Your Policies
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Introduction to Opalis
Have fun, learn System Center!
-Pete Zerger, MVP (Cloud and Datacenter)