If you work with Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 and you want to better understand how to optimize SQL workloads, read these articles…very good stuff.
SQL Server and Hyper-V Dynamic Memory – Part 1
SQL Server and Hyper-V Dynamic Memory Part 2
SQL Server and Hyper-V Dynamic Memory Part 3
And while you’re at it, check out Hyper-V Tip: Three must-have whitepapers if you are virtualizing SQL Server
Here are a few additional resources related to Microsoft virtualization and private cloud
- Hyper-V Network Optimizations and Best Practices [Private Cloud]
- A look into Servicing Windows in Virtual Machine Manager 2012 (via PowerShell)
- Configuring PRO integration between OpsMgr 2012 and VMM 2012
- [Private Cloud]: Configuring anti-affinity between VMs on Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 and VMM 2012
- Implementing rapid scale-out of a machine tier in VMM 2012 via PowerShell
- Cloud: A quick note on accurately measuring Hyper-V host performance and utilization
- What’s new in the Cloud Services Process Pack (CSPP) Release Candidate for System Center 2012?
- Private Cloud in the real world: 5 lessons from the private cloud fabric
- How to prepare for Orchestrator? Learn Opalis in a month of Friday afternoons! (free online resources)
- PowerShell Scripts for System Center (Master Collection)