We have an existing deployment of System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager on the OS Windows Server 2012.
Version of database is Ms SQL Server 2012.
We want to upgrade to System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, and OS to Windows Server 2012 R2.
I am planning the following upgrade path:
1) Install a new machine with Windows Server 2012 R2
2) Uninstall the current deployment of SCVMM 2012 (from old machine). Select ‘Retain Database’ in Database options
3) Uninstall the Windows ADK (from old machine)
4) Install the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 on the new machine
5) Mount the ISO image of SCVMM 2012 R2 on the new machine
6) Start the installation of SCVMM 2012 R2. Select ‘Existing Database’ in Database configuration option
7) Finish the installation of SCVMM 2012 R2
8) installation of ‘Update Rollup 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager’
9) Update the VMM agents on Hyper-V hosts and VMM library servers
Do you guys think that this path is appropriate, and should it be feasible?
It’s the Production environment, not Lab environment. That’s why I am much worried.