SCOM 2012 SP1 – Top N Objects by Performance

System Center, Operations Manager 2012, SCOM & More Forums Operations Manager SCOM 2012 SP1 – Top N Objects by Performance

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Blake Wilson Blake Wilson 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #111402
    Avatar of bkhsms
    bkhsms
    Participant

    I know I’ve seen this posted in here before, but I opened another Microsoft Connect request to fix the Objects by Performance widget so that it shows the path of the object in the output. Currently if you use the Objects by Performance widget and select a group or object the displayed output will have a blank field where the object path should be. So you can have Top N of the Windows Server class, but never know exactly which server is top 5 of least memory available, for instance.

    Microsoft Connect request is here: (must have a Connect account to vote)

    SCOM 2012 SP1 – Dashboard view – Objects by Performance – Path missing (780943)

    If you have the time, please vote this up so we can get something to display on this widget.

    #111405
    Avatar of Pete Zerger
    Pete Zerger
    Keymaster

    I may have in fact been the first one to bug this issue last year, but my report was closed with “cannot reproduce” (couldn’t be right), and then Kevin Holman opened a similar bug that has been voted up, which I cannot find through search on the MS Connect site. Definitely been bugged and made the product team to-do list though.

    #111406
    Avatar of Pete Zerger
    Pete Zerger
    Keymaster

    I may have in fact been the first one to bug this issue last year, but my report was closed with “cannot reproduce” (couldn’t be right), and then Kevin Holman opened a similar bug that has been voted up, which I cannot find through search on the MS Connect site. Definitely been bugged and made the product team to-do list though.

    #111407
    Avatar of Pete Zerger
    Pete Zerger
    Keymaster

    I may have in fact been the first one to bug this issue last year, but my report was closed with “cannot reproduce” (couldn’t be right), and then Kevin Holman opened a similar bug that has been voted up, which I cannot find through search on the MS Connect site. Definitely been bugged and made the product team to-do list though.

    #214615
    Avatar of bkhsms
    bkhsms
    Participant

    The Operations Manager Console update for SP1 UR2 fixed the issue in the OpsConsole; however, I’m seeing the issue as remaining for the Web Console. Anyone verify the same results?

    #214616
    Avatar of Tommy Gunn
    Tommy Gunn
    Participant

    Have you tried an IISReset after applying the update?

    #214642
    Avatar of bkhsms
    bkhsms
    Participant

    @TommyGunn Yes, I have done an IISReset and a shotgun approach of system restart. The Path column shows output in the OpsConsole, but not in the WebConsole. I’ve changed Groups and Objects, as well as the associated counters applied to those Groups and Objects to ensure the same display results. This is happening in both my test and production environments.

    #214643
    Avatar of bkhsms
    bkhsms
    Participant

    I have also verified the file versions in KB2802159 match those in the server and the modified date of the *.xap files match that of the time/date the WebConsole update was applied.

    #215652
    Avatar of Blake Wilson
    Blake Wilson
    Participant

    Let me add my 2 pesos – we’re running UR3….still works when it wants to. I love to hate the Top N dashboards. They’re they best way to show current problems (disk space, cpu, memory) but are the most unreliable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.