This post is intended for monitoring Windows based servers with OMS. For starters I am going to assume the following prerequisites have been met (see below). In addition I am going to assume you are not using SCOM 2012R2 (UR6 or better) at the moment. Okay, so let’s begin!
- Azure Environment Setup — Check
- Azure Operational Insights Created — Check (see post here)
- OMS Workspace Created — Check (see post here)
- Monitor On-Premise Servers — See below
For my demo, I am using a Windows 2012R2 server, so I will be making use of the x64 agent. Download the agent on your machine, and begin the installer. Take note (copy the Workspace ID and Key(s)) as you will need them later.
- Start/Launch the agent installer
For the rest of this blog post, please refer to <SCOMandOtherGeekyStuff.com>