I’ve had quite a lot of positive feedback on the Orchestrator 2012 Jumpstart series and wanted to respond to provide an update here.
As many have noticed, the MS Virtual Labs I was using as a supplemental learning tool for readers have expired. I’ve noted this in all articles and will replace these links as soon as suitable substitutes are online and available.
Day 4 (Web Service and PowerShell) and beyond
Just as I had finished the Day 4 article on the Orchestrator web service, Microsoft made available a series of PowerShell samples that supplanted what I had written just hours before. As I finish up Orchestrator 2012 Unleashed chapters this month, I will endeavor to get that article (as well as parts 5 and 6) updated and published
In the meantime….
Give the first three parts of the series a read and get yourself up to speed on Orchestrator concepts from simple to advanced and drop us a line with questions in the SCC Orchestrator Forum.
- Day 1: Runbook Concepts, Components and Rules of the Databus
- Day 2: Advanced Features and Functionality
- Day 3: Bridging Gaps, Extending Capabilities, Best Practices
- Day 4: How to Initiate a Runbook from PowerShell and Orchestrator Web Service
- Day 5: Wrap Up, Challenge lab and Bonus Download (pending)
- BONUS: Building Custom Activities and Integration Packs (pending)